Large Breed Dog Walker
Run and Play is currently looking for a seasoned daily weekday dog walker to handle our larger sized breeds. These dogs are generally 30 up to 100 pounds and strong. The ideal candidate will have owned larger breed dogs and have 2-3 years experience working with canines in either a volunteer or professional dog walking capacity. Candidates will walk dogs individually or in groups of 2-3 daily. Note that dogs are generally within a 1-3 of mile radius of each other to ensure prompt and efficient service. Candidates will have flexibility in start times with a service window between 11:00-4:00.
So, if you are active, strong, have a solid sense of dog dynamics and behavior, want consistent work, autonomy, and a kind and encouraging supervisor, make sure you also meet the below criteria:
- are at least 21 years if age, but those experiencing age discrimination or retirees are greatly encouraged to apply
- are a team player and think fast on your feet
- are kind, considerate, mindful and engaging with animals and people
- have a drivers license with a clean driving and criminal background record
- transport dogs in your vehicle if efficient for you
- own a smart phone
- speak English fluently
- can commit to a minimum of 6 months
If you answered yes to all that, apply now and come walk with us.